My Rankings:
The Social Network
1. Our Generation
2. Great Characters
3. Great Soundtrack
Toy Story 3
1. Funny
2. Makes you feel young
3. Great character animation
True Grit
1. Great Acting
2. Fantastic Scenery
3. Great Action characterized with westerns
Inception
1. Confusing
2. Amazing special effects
3. Great performance by Linerardo Dicaprio
The Kings Speech
1. Inspiring
2. Too many Harry Potter Characters
3. Great Story
Winters Bone
1. Creepy
2. Sad
3. Slow and Boring
The Social Network
This movie I believe really relates to so many people because Facebook is in everyone’s lives. The music is so interesting to listen to and it really gets the viewer involved. I am a huge fan of techno and to hear techno in this movie made me much more interested. The Director and Producers pick the perfect characters for this film. Justin Timberlake plays Shawn Parker and he got so involved into his character that I believe he should be up for best supporting actor. This story is a little confusing trying to follow which case they are talking about and also I wish they would have told more about how they made Facebook but overall this was my favorite movie because it was the most enjoyable to me. I give this movie a five out of five stars!
Toy Story 3
Wow Pixar did an amazing job with their final Toy Story. This movie just makes you feel like a kid again when you thought of your toys and how much you loved to play with them. I have always loved the voice of Woody (Tom Hanks) because he makes everything sound funny and important. This story is great in adding a toy as the villain (Lotso). The animation is just incredible and they make this movie so fun! The best part about Pixar movies is that they are able to make their movies not just fun for kids, but also for teens and adults. I would have to say this is one of the best if not the best movie they have come out with so far! I would give this movie a four and a half out of five stars!
True Grit
The Coen Brothers have done it again with another huge hit! True Grit is a fantastic Western genre movie and Hailee Steinfeld should be up for Actress of the year. She made this movie from good to great. The Coen Brothers picked the perfect scenery for this film and made me as a viewer just awe at some of the views. I also believe that the action was great. When I see a western I get excited to see the battles and the shootings because that’s what gets me more interested in westerns. I thought that the finger cutting scene was not necessary but that was the Coen signature part. Jeff Bridges was phenomenal as his character Rooster and he should be up for best supporting actor. Overall I thought this movie was entertaining and fun to watch but the finger scene should have been cut. I would give it a four and a half out of five stars!
Inception
Wow, talk about a head spinning and incredible film. This entire movie makes you think and try to figure out what is going on. That is the downside to the movie because it is very confusing to follow even though that is what I believe the Director wanted. Linerardo Dicaprio was brilliant as Cobb and he made the story much more interesting. I was also blown away by the special effects in this film. They way they made the cities turn upside down, the trains appear, and also having zero gravity was absolutely incredible. If there was an award of special effects this movie would win by far. But because the plot was a little hard to follow is why I think it will hurt the film in the end. I would give it a four out of five stars.
The Kings Speech
This movie was incredible with a great and inspiring story. I really enjoyed the plot but I couldn’t take all of the characters seriously because of the previous films they have been in. For instance Geoffrey Rush as Barbosa in Pirates, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Gambon, and Timothy Spall all from the Harry Potter films. I thought that Colin Firth was incredible playing the part of King George VI and he is my pick for Best Actor this year. The lighting in this movie is very contrasted with a lot of shadows and strange camera angles but I thought that added more to the film and made it better. Overall I thought it was a very entertaining film but just a few different characters should have been selected. I would give it a three out of five stars.
Winter’s Bone
I am sad to say it but I have nothing good to say about this movie. I thought that this movie was so slow and so boring. There was never a scene that kept me interested and I felt like falling asleep the entire time. The story was too slow, the dialogue was slow, and the scene when they cut off her fathers hands was absolutely disgusting! I didn’t like any of the actors and overall I just thought this was a terrible movie and would never recommend it to anybody to watch. I would give a half out of five stars.
0 comments:
Post a Comment